Saturday, August 20, 2005

Happy birthday, mom

My mom is 79 years old today. There is not much that's been easy about her time on this earth. She came to Alaska with me at the new year and planned to stay until May; has extended her visit to November and I think will come back here again in the spring. She and Hunter have kept each other good company while I am gone a lot, working two jobs. She's gotten lots of birthday wishes this week; a card shower from friends here (thanks, everybody!!!) and greetings from her home back East. I thought this change could be difficult for her but it seems to have been a good experience - the Alaska contingent has made her feel very welcome and included, the church here has put her into service as a musician, and the notes and emails from home keep her connected with family and friends. Here's to many more happy birthdays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday to your mom! May she have many more.