Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Golden girl

Our friend Emma is staying with us for a while and brings such sunshine with her. She's happy, calm, cuddly. Having her around changes Hunter a bit too - he's sweet and affectionate in small doses, but not overmuch - but when Emma walks in with the tie dye and the love beads, he has to get in on the act. Mornings are rather chilly here now, so waking up with both of them snuggled against me is bliss as Hunter never sleeps in the bed except when Emma is there. And Emma never sleeps in the bed except when she visits here. And Peg is just happy with the whole arrangement.

I keep thinking of adding a dog to the family because I've always been a multi-dog mom and I've missed that dynamic since the days of the Gang of Four. The timing just doesn't seem right for that commitment, but I got a call on Sunday about another wolfhound mix who's looking for a home...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you have a picture ??

Peg said...

Not yet - I haven't gone over to Animal Care & Control to have a look either. I'm told the eyes might get me. FOP has put a rescue hold on him if he doesn't get adopted, so his bases are covered either way.