Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The gang of four comes home

For the last 22 months, the remains of the Gang of Four have been at George and Becky's house. A bit of Gryphon's ashes were cast into the ocean and a bit are always with me in an amulet (see photo) that I cherish, but the rest of him, plus Max, Diva and Courtney stayed here in Alaska when I left to go East. I didn't want them to ever leave their home, and they were always safe at Uncle George & Auntie Becky's.

And though I wanted them and all their memory objects back with me, I didn't want to chance losing them in all of the moving chaos when I returned. Now that I recognize the chaos will never end, and we're looking at moving again anyway, I decided today to bring them home. It's them and a bunch of their stuff in a very large plastic tub. I didn't want to sit down and go through it just yet, though the dogs themselves are out and nearby. I'll get used to it being here and then sometime I'll go through all their things again. I'm looking forward to that visit.

No comments: