Saturday, May 27, 2006

Roast or choke?

Those seem to be my only two options at the moment, as another record-setting high temp has made the day pretty unbearable (by my standards) and now a wildfire across the inlet to our north has filled the skies with acrid smoke. The day was getting more comfortable by the onset of a brisk wind tonight, but of course that that drove the fire (from 10 acres to 200 currently) in no time also. So I can close my windows and roast, or I can keep them open and choke. Either way my sinuses are a goner, and Hunter's too.

1 comment:

Crowzma said...

Global warming sucks wherever you are. 91 here today, and got stickier and stickier as the day wore on. Right now it's a nasty 75 degrees at 9:15 p.m., and pea soup.

I am unprepared, unacclimated, and unhappy. No smoke though. Just roasting ... or more accurately, poaching. No choking.