Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Belief-O-Matic

For reasons that are unclear to me, this arrived in my inbox tonight:

"Even if YOU don't know what faith you are, Belief-O-Matic™ knows. Answer 20 questions about your concept of God, the afterlife, human nature, and more, and Belief-O-Matic™ will tell you what religion (if any) you practice...or ought to consider practicing.
Warning: Belief-O-Matic™ assumes no legal
liability for the ultimate fate of your soul.

With what fervent concentration I could muster at the midnight hour, I took the quiz and am posting my results below as to what belief system most closely matches my own. I started to laugh somewhat maniacally as I started to read - it seemed absurd - but when I really look at those top several, I think holy cow (er, or sacred cow) - no wonder I think I am all over the map spiritually, because this is actually fairly close to the things that I woud put in the blender for my personal faith milkshake. Though sorry, the Mormon part just plain creeped me out and I want that removed from the choices because I think it's a cult and not a faith.

1. Liberal Quakers (100%)
2. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (94%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (94%)
4. Bahá'í Faith (91%)
5. Neo-Pagan (82%)
6. Reform Judaism (80%)
7. New Age (79%)
8. Theravada Buddhism (76%)
9. Mahayana Buddhism (75%)
10. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (66%)
11. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (64%)
12. New Thought (64%)
13. Orthodox Quaker (62%)
14. Sikhism (60%)
15. Jainism (59%)
16. Secular Humanism (59%)
17. Scientology (57%)
18. Taoism (57%)
19. Orthodox Judaism (56%)
20. Jehovah's Witness (55%)
21. Islam (51%)
22. Hinduism (50%)
23. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (44%)
24. Nontheist (36%)
25. Seventh Day Adventist (35%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (23%)
27. Roman Catholic (23%)

2 comments:

Crowzma said...

Well, I can't comment on how eerily accurate your results are, but mine were scarily so... maybe I'll put them on my own blog rather than "over-commenting" here. It's just a little creepy that a short little Internet quiz could be so accurate.

Peg said...

What I didn't do was to weight the importance of each question - I was so tired I could hardly read them at all, so left them all defaulted to 'medium' importance. When I have more brain cells to rub together I'm going to try it again more thoughtfully and see what happens.