Saturday, May 06, 2006

Hold that tiger

Keith and the Jag dropped off the radar at Grande Prairie and didn't surface again until Whitehorse yesterday - he blew through there and on to Destruction Bay last night, where he could access email for the first time since the trip began. We've been guessing he'd be home yesterday or today, and around 6 am today there was another email that the generator power was out to half the rooms in the roadhouse so he was hitting the road. In a way I'm sorry he didn't linger and enjoy his trip - I know for him the stopping and visiting and exploring is the real fun - but on the other hand I'm fairly impressed that he made Evansville/Anchorage in six days, averaging 650 miles daily. (Still doesn't beat my 930-mile day on my 2003 drive East...but then I don't know why anyone would want to break that record. I think my back still hurts from that one.)

Suddenly I'm wondering why I've been asking when I could get a ride in the Jag... Gimme those keys!

No comments: