Thursday, April 06, 2006

Your change, ma'am

This morning Emma and Hunter and I arrived at work, and Emma was thrilled to see her mom (Nancy) was back home. Lots of wiggles all around. Nancy wanted to pay me something for dogsitting, and pulled a bill from her wallet. She held it out to Emma and said "Here, take this to Peg." (not something Emma is trained at doing, other than the "go get your toy" command)

No response. Nancy placed the bill on Emma's back and said "Go see Peg..." Emma sort of twisted around to see what was on her back. The bill slid off and fell folded on the ground. Emma picked up the tiniest corner of it and carried it daintily to my hand. Nancy and I were FLOORED! I love those moments of total surprise and delight with dogs. Emma got wild acclaim which thrilled her to death, and Hunter got wild acclaim via the Theory of Peripheral Fame for being the friend of the dog who did the smart thing!

No comments: