Saturday, April 22, 2006

In a cone or in a cup?

Kari is going out of town for ten days and I'll be working some of the time at the shop to help cover things, and probably more just to give her good staff a sense of some backup. They can handle everything just fine and will have a lot to teach me about normal ops, so my part is to step in if something goes awry, to be the buffer if there are upset dogs and upset people. Kari's done a great job of setting us up for success.

So today we had a meeting about all of it, and then I picked up my uniforms. If you've been to the Dog Tired website you know the colors are quite bold and bright courtesy of the wonderful logo that Natalie designed. So the uniforms are colorful too. Very colorful. Very bright and sherbety and colorful. Very mixed and colorful, as in shirt one color, pants another color, pullover another color. Every day of the week a different combination of three colors.

I have a stack of scrubs and shirts in grape purple, hot pink, lemon yellow, peachy orange, white and apple green. I look like a frighteningly large ad for a Baskin Robbins double scoop. There is nothing else to do but commit to it fully, so I am embracing this by dyeing my hair a deep deep ruby red for the cherry-on-top effect.

2 comments:

Knatolee said...

But Baskin Robbins is tasty. VERY TASTY! So it's not all bad being a sweet scoop!

(Where's my fleece? HAHAHAHAHA!)

Peg said...

Well hey, now that I'm RUNNING THE PLACE, maybe you'll get your fleece! Don't tell Kari!