Sunday, April 23, 2006

Intervention

I got up around 6:15 this morning and started preparing for my intervention. Becky and Nissa came down in the afternoon to help me give the house a long overdue cleaning. They arrived about 2:00 and stayed for a few hours. I had spent all of that time just trying to get the house ready to get started. Is it a bad thing that you can put in a combined 13 hours of housecleaning in one little house...and not finish? Ay chihuahua. Got tons of stuff done, though, and much more than just housecleaning - laundry's been going all day with all the winter comforters and etc - and what remains will probably not take me longer than an hour and a half maybe. I have been so uneasy here for the last few months for just not being able to keep up with it all, and that's just not me - I like to be in a clean and comfortable home. This was Becky's payback for my having kept Nissa while they were away, but it felt like a gift outright.

No comments: