Saturday, April 29, 2006

At trail's end...

is where you may turn to look back at all the distance you've covered. For me this week it was a long, tough slog. I am realizing right now that the things that had me terribly distressed last weekend are just background noise compared to the new things that arose. I had set aside an hour today just for myself, to get some support and guidance, and was really unhappy when I had to place the call to cancel that help for myself because literally there were too many phones ringing and too many demands and too much tension and ugliness around me. And then I worked hard at my job all day, juggled multiple other demands from life, kept pushing pushing pushing...and thank god that when the day's end came and the boss walked out the door leaving me without my expected paycheck, I actually just smiled quietly at the absurdity of it all and I called it a day. And I went home to a fuzzy doggie boy who'd been patiently at home for nearly 11 hours, and I said oh honey, I'm really sorry, and he wagged his tail and went outside and came in and had dinner and climbed on the couch with me and there's not a damn thing wrong in this world.

No comments: