Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Makoshika Meadow letterbox gets its first finder

Had an email this morning from a gal named Judy who was the first finder on the box that we placed during the Long Haul Chicks tour on our way out of Bozeman, MT. It took me almost a year to post the clues of the boxes planted on the trip, and I fear that some of my writeups are too vague as I tried to decipher my notes - which didn't seem as crystal clear as I thought they were at the time, since I was trying to be careful. But I knew the Montana box was written up clearly including compass headings and paces, so my only curiosity was whether the box itself had survived in its location to be found, and if anyone would make the effort. So I raise my cuppa to Judy, and picturing so clearly the lovely view she saw from that meadow on the high buttes of the badlands. As glad as I am to have made it home, my thoughts of those two cross-country trips find moments in which to beckon me, and I really want to hit the road again.

3 comments:

Crowzma said...

I believe you ought to listen to the beckoning. You may ask for and receive the coordinates to my new digs should your wanderings lead you this way.

Anonymous said...

You and Hunter are both always welcome to stop by here in MD. I'm sure he'd enojoy going to Day Care with Bodhi.

Knatolee said...

Road trip to BC! Road trip to BC!!