Monday, October 17, 2005

Catfish Emma

Today while I was at work, I got a sweet little email from Emma, who has come to be with us for the next week. I think it's grand that the dogs I love will take a few moments to email me about their day.

The picture she sent is also grand, and gives a glimpse of the immense, thick whiskers she has on her flews and over her eyes. I call her Catfish or Fishface a lot, partly for the whiskers and partly for the distinctive perfume she carries from eating a lot of salmon meal and salmon oil to help with her dermatological and allergy issues. Though right now she smells like oatmeal and strawberries because she had a bath before she came here. Poor doggie has to be bathed every other week to help her cope.

Of course I often call the duo "Catfish Hunter" for its classic twist. Oh, and her letter? reads

Dear Auntie Peg, I am doing well at home with Nana today. I like being at your house. Even though I miss my family, this is surely the second best place to be. Love, Emma

She's an awfully polite guest to write her bread-and-butter notes before she even goes home!

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Awwww. I just wanna reach out and hug her.

Knatolee said...

What a lovely girl! And I wish Tara smelled like oatmeal and strawberries, instead of old socks and dead slugs.