Sunday, October 30, 2005

First snow

Woke up to our first snow of the season this morning - nothing much by accumulation, not quite two inches I'm guessing - but it stayed cold enough all day (20's) that that small amount of snow turned into a quite satisfactory sheet of black ice across the city. I had hoped to get my tires switched last week but ran out of time - it was so gorgeous all week with the high pressure system we'd had, I knew the tire places wouldn't be busy. Now it'll be a mad rush so I guess I'll just bide my time awhile until we're deeper in it and the lines have diminished. But was rather wishing I had my ice grip tires on as I sailed neatly through two stop signs tonight despite all precautions. Dozens of minor and not-so-minor fender benders today here in town.

No comments: