Sunday, July 02, 2006

Maw and paw

We were out on the back deck this evening when suddenly my arm was inadvertently swallowed by the puppygirl...









We shook hands and made up. I love her giant feet!









I learned today that the eye surgeon said that Starr's visual range is not nearly the 3 feet or so that her previous owners had thought. That's consistent with what I've seen, which looks to be about 12-15 inches of 'whatever' she has. She stumbles but she learns where things are quickly. She is not as acute at locating by sound as I had thought she might be.

We had a very warm day - into the 80's in places - and she enjoyed some time on the back deck. However, she tried to get Hunter to play by using obnoxious tactics - poking and being very pushy - and finally he let her have it and literally tried to bite her head off. She immediately cried and went and hid behind a deck chair and whimpered. She wouldn't come out for the longest time and finally I dragged her out. Her little feelings were so hurt. But on the whole she is a mellow and happy girl. She stays nearby and I like it when she gets up close - she gives tender little chin nibbles, and it seems that she is really trying to see you with those empty eyes. You can't really see her soul through them, but that is coming out in other ways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her face, and your Maw and Paw just cracks me up. Will surgery restore her vision?

Peg said...

Yes, cataracts are fully correctable. Also really expensive to fix.