Monday, July 10, 2006

Did you miss me?

The week careened by and I have much to tell but no time to tell it. Wisely staying behind the curve of first-run movies, I've gone to the theatre in the middle of the night (that's my free time) to see Click and A Prairie Home Companion. Have worked productively at my real job, encountered about a hundred effing frustrations in other areas of life, sent Starr back to her primary foster this morning (boo hoo hoo) and thought hard about her permanent future and what it might take for that to be here with us. Hunter has distinguished himself with basically just one thing - his first (I think) bite incident. Unfortunately it would be have been more distinguished if he hadn't been the one who did the biting. And I've just learned that the landlord and her two dogs (including Molly the American Bulldog who stands on my shed roof and projects her nerve-shredding bark directly into my bedroom window for approximately 23.5 hours a day) are not coming back to Alaska next spring. They're coming back next week.

Once I have located my nicest, fattest, most yielding vein, I may come back and tell the rest of the story. The really sad part is that in my life, this week doesn't even get an honorable mention for drama and trauma.

2 comments:

Crowzma said...

three words: blackout curtains earplugs.

Habeela said...

We always miss you - even when we don't say it. :)