Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The luge run of life

I admit that I was delusional when I blithely thought that I could ably manage preparing for houseguests, help put on the Dog Jog this weekend and hop a plane East as soon as it's over... The thing about life as a luge run is that it isn't just a matter of hanging on for the ride, you really do have to adjust for every niche and bump in the ice as you encounter them at 100 mph, and maneuver them with finesse.

My finesse is a little frayed at the moment. But I hope to get back to the blog before long, as I have little moments to share including wonderful summer flower gardens, a visit from a mama moose and her two babies, Nathaniel's latest news, my kitty friend Raina's 21st birthday and of course the latest exploits of Hunter the Faboo. But right now I just have to tighten my helmet.

1 comment:

sibtigre2 said...

This is soooo true.

And happy birthday to Raina! Wow! She's allowed to legally drink now! :)