Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Torture, the sequel

So tonight Pili worked on me for another hour and I'm happy to say that my neck is not nearly as screwed up and actually neither is my back. At least tonight there were no moments where she had one hand through my shoulder blade and one hand through my pectorals and damn near met in the middle somewhere around my left lung. However, she found enough wrong with both my hips and both my shoulders to make up for all of that. I only came off the table twice. (She says calmly "Now I will encourage you, Peg, to exhale through this rather than breathing in so sharply..." as though possibly I was operating under a strategic plan.)

She's great. I was dismayed at how much was wrong with my shoulders but then I wonder if Piranha Puppy had something to do with all of that. Also I've carried a ton of stress the last few days. I have been instructed that some upper body strengthening will help my triceps stop relocating my shoulder blades to places they don't ordinarily belong and that that should help the pain. In the meantime I am very well acquainted with the four large nerves that run from sacrum to hips and from scapulae to elbows: Ow. Ow. Ow. and Ow.

No comments: