Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Saints on wings

This gorgeous puppyboy was the evening's project for several of us last night. He's with his new parents back in my old Pennsylvania stomping grounds, just 45 min or so from my family. If you saw the last issue of the FOP newsletter with Bubba's touching story (see page 5), this young'un is going to that home and couldn't be luckier for it. He traveled on his first birthday which is Gryphon's birthday too. Good karma, or good dogma anyway.

The airline arrangements for giant dogs are horrendous for such a long flight, but Michele and new mom Laurie persevered to find the one option that could work. At one point a frustrated Laurie asked husband Chad HOW in the world do giant breeds travel? "As puppies," he said.

PS: The story about Bubba launches FOP's grief project, of which I am very proud. It was a gift to get to know Laurie and Chad in preparing this outreach. As I wrote the accompanying brochure, I just felt blessed - like the words came out with no effort and all I had to do was write them down. We've helped almost 20 families so far and I'm so glad we are reaching these people who need support in their pain.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

What a cutey-pie! And he certainly looks pleased about going to a new home.