Saturday, September 23, 2006

Tail end of a dog tired day

Either I have hit on the perfect prescription for post-Dog Tired recovery, or maybe I am just getting a little physically stronger despite only doing it one day a week... As soon as I got home last night I got into a very hot shower, then comfy clothes and over to Keith's for his first try at homemade margaritas. (Two out of two researchers agree that the experiment merits repetition for statistical validity. However, I must ask: What the hell took us all so long to know how easy these are to make?) Stretched out on the couch with a heater cat on my legs, sipped multiple beakers of the experimental solution, forgot about the cat on my legs and rubbed my eye, drank more of the experimental solution medicinally to help me forget how badly my eye was messed up from cat mojo, home by 10:45, in bed by 11, slept well until 7:30 and wasn't even hungover.

Then the moment of truth. I always arise gingerly on Saturday mornings because generally I hurt like hell after 12-13 hours of dog wrangling the day before, having stiffened up overnight and also given the day's accumulated bruising time to achieve its bold and bright potential. This morning I got up and even walked down the stairs with nary a pain anywhere. So that's either the right cooldown routine, or maybe it's just that I have had margaritas three nights this week so am finally reaching tequilibrium?

No comments: