Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Nana has landed

My mom arrived tonight after a day of airport-hopping - who knew that getting from Spokane to Anchorage required not only a visit to Seattle but to San Francisco too? Anyway, the arrival itself was inauspicious; she came off the plane pale and shaky, and that's when I determined that the diabetic hadn't eaten at any point in the trip. After we got her bags and headed out to the parking garage, she swooned and tumbled backward right off the escalator step - thank god I was right behind her and braced her weight in a very undignified manner up what felt like an awfully long stair climb until she was dumped off unceremoniously at the top. We dusted off, put her shoes back on and out to the car. I live very close to the airport, so it was only minutes until I could put a healthy sandwich and milk in her and then it was pretty quickly that my more recognizable mother appeared.

Hunter is doubly thrilled because Auntie Kari was over earlier and cuddled him for almost two hours, and now Nana has cuddled him for nearly that long. Now that Hunter is not coming to work with me (because of the young puppy - who is now named Madison, by the way) he's been spending long days alone. Now they both have some company.

No comments: