Saturday, September 09, 2006

Staff pix at Dog Tired

Kari updated the staff page on the website and is there any doubt that I am happy in this job?

The dog with me is Foxy, who should have a staff photo of her own. She's a husky/elkhound mix - the latter being rather ironic, since it was in fact a moose who relieved her of the sight in her left eye. She is one of the best canine communicators that I have ever seen. She has a wonderful sense of equanimity about her and has the respect of every other dog in the place without having had to muscle about it. If a puppy gets over-exuberant, she explains things with only the amount of emphasis needed to make her point. If there's something the staff needs to know, she has a wonderful wooooooo with nuance and diction. She's truly a teacher and a role model to the other dogs, patient and affable but with clear security and strength. I would be well served if I had half of her qualities of self-possession and elegant interaction with my own species.

2 comments:

Crowzma said...

You look HAPPY. And your hair looks RED.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you blogging again. You do look VERY happy!