Monday, June 05, 2006

Officially dog tired

Last Friday was my first official day as an employee at DT. And also Hunter's first day back at school since I pulled him at the end of April - he'd been melting down and things just weren't going well, especially that one day when I was subbing for Kari and it seemed Hunter was too anxious with me there.

It turned out to be a really nice day, so positive and pleasant. A few scuffles among the dogs but they were easily managed, and it was just so fun to be working with people who enjoy being there and enjoy the dogs. And Hunter did just fine his first day back. I only kept him there the first five hours, then ran him home, just to make sure we ended successfully. He showed no anxiety at all and enjoyed the day.

Now you may have heard the screams from up here last week when the Alaska Aces won the ECHL Kelly Cup, bringing home Alaska's first professional team championship in 26 years. So our afternoon activity at the daycare was to print out booster placards that showed a puck with the Aces insignia and a congratulations message. We wrote each dog's name on a puck and taped the placards up on the windows. I mentioned this to Michele last night and she just dropped her head and said 'oh my god, it's just like nursery school.' No, it's a LOT more fun than nursery school...

No comments: