Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Movie: X-Men 3, The Last Stand

I know that the X-purists scoff at this one but I enjoyed it enough to overlook a whole lot that's wrong with it (like plot, writing, acting, effects, character development...) I liked the other two movies but was getting tired that the plot always revolves around one megalomaniac, so this was perfect - a straightforward cowboy movie that briskly disposes of a number of honored characters with no emotional impact at all. Whatever. Blam. Blam. Blam. and Blam. Wish a few more of the annoying characters had been dumped (a big dose of the Mutant Cure could take out all of the younger-generation characters as far as I'm concerned) but still, I found its overall stink quotient amusing and endearing. Being in the mood for a big shoot-em-up story with No Thinking Involved, I couldn't have asked for better than this furry blue piece of poop.

1 comment:

Shane said...

I haven't seen it, but the only reason it sucks, I would guess is because Bryan Singer decided to go make a kick-ass Superman movie. I know, I know, I shouldn't say that before it comes out, and I was warry at first, but I have to say I am really psyched about it now. I think after this it will be quite clear why Bats and Supes are the best at what they do.