Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Overheard this morning at daycare

Kari and I live most of our lives in each other's back pockets, and I guess when you do that you eventually end up with these kinds of meaningful conversations:

Me: (hiking up shirt) Check out what happened to this (injury) overnight. Isn't it the most perfectly shaped bruise you've ever seen from a dog? It's like a picture off the Hubble telescope or something...


Kari: (expletive) Wow, (whipping out camera), that's something we have to take a picture of! Because you can't take a picture of that one yourself.

Me: Actually I did but it took me a lot of tries to get it...

-------


God, what happened to the two articulate and intelligent women we used to be? Oh, I remember - we got the crap beat out of us by dogs! (but we have the pictures to prove it!)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Sadly, this sounds remarkably like a conversation that Todd and I had about our daughter's poop the other day. We didn't take pictures though.

We used to be articulate, intelligent people too.

Peg said...

Oh dear god...do you know how many pictures of dog poop are on my cell phone? I feel so...devolved.

Miss Athenry said...

......is this my future?


Wait, wait, wait. So if I AVOID becoming articulate and intelligent now, will it come later?

Peg said...

ummmm.....

Crowzma said...

I took a picture of the trench Hudson gouged across the top of my foot with his nail ... it was so pretty, and looked like a photo from outer space of the Nile wandering the desert terrain. I sat with my foot up admiring it long enough that I thought I needed a photo by which to remember it. I thought it a perfectly normal thing to do until my niece found it on my camera and everyone start slowly backing away from me...