Monday, June 07, 2010

Nana came home today

She'll be here with me until some later time when we gather in the little valley to add her to the loved ones there. I looked at the box sitting in the passenger seat and suddenly remembered the day that she couldn't reach the center console cup holder and so just "tossed" her cup of blistering hot coffee in hopes of it landing in the right spot. (I know it was blistering because that's what happened to my accelerator leg in Anchorage city traffic.) Oh that Nana.

The spot, of course, was easy to choose. She's on the piano for now. Looking around the room, I gathered two other little boxes near to hers. I'm sure if she could, she'd appreciate having her morning cuddle pal Hunter right next to her. I know for a fact she'd appreciate that Piper has finally shut up.

1 comment:

Ina in Alaska said...

Hi Peg! What a nice blog you have. I am sorry about your Mom's passing, I did not know that. I enjoyed Holly's party today, she is a super girl and what a great survivor she is. The story of Lucy was heartbreaking, what a sweet pup. It is so hard when they have serious medical conditions that ultimately take them. I know Lucy is in good company and running with the Angel Pack. xoxo