Saturday, June 05, 2010

The DVD stack

I need to stop buying DVDs because of the pile I'm creating. In the fictional world where I ever sit and watch one, here are my choices. (The list is alphabetized; the stack is not.) None of these are movies I saw in the theatre either. What should be at the top of the stack?

Avatar
The Boys are Back
Brothers
Crazy Heart Won the draw on 6/19/10
Hachi: A Dog's Tale
The Hurt Locker
Knowing
The Lovely Bones
The Men Who Stare at Goats
Precious
Sherlock Holmes
The Stoning of Soraya M.
2012 (I tried this for ten minutes and couldn't get hooked)
Wonderful World
Up in the Air
The Vampire's Assistant
Where The Wild Things Are

4 comments:

Miss Athenry said...

Sherlock Holmes is just an all around great movie - story, acting, music, it has it all. Up in the Air is pretty great too. Where the Wild Things Are just roars up feelings you forgot you ever had.

Those are the only one's I've actually seen. I really wanted to see Brothers, The Hurt Locker, and The Lovely Bones. I've heard The Men Who Stare At Goats was actually disappointing.

Those are my thoughts. Now give me a penny. That's how this works right?

Peg said...

Not really. You gave me three answers and they can't ALL be at the top of the stack...

Shane said...

The Hurt Locker and Up In The Air are very close seconds. But Where The Wild Things turned out to be far more brilliant, and thoughtful, and moving than I ever would have thought. Just a beautiful film.

Shane said...

...and then watch Sherlock Holmes as a chaser. Danika's right, it has no pretense about what it's supposed to be: it's just fun.