Friday, September 02, 2005

The agony of de feet

I was thinking that was too obvious a pun, until I realized there are two younger generations who may not even know what that phrase actually refers to, and now I just feel depressed.

Anyway, these are my friend Phyllis's feet after her toe was stung by a bee. The way she tells it, this involved a visit to urgent care, steroids, emergency anti-anaphylactic, etc. The picture would certainly seem to support this, if it weren't for the disparate fact that she apparently had time to give herself a perfect pedicure in the middle of this emergency? Hmmmmmm, said the skeptic.

She is feeling better now, but still I'm very sure she would appreciate many MANY comments about her feet. Well, I would. Also I would like to point out that the difference between me and Knatolee is that she wouldn't have even asked before blogging this... (she's my hero).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now wait a minute! The lovely nail polish on my very cute toes was already in place when that ground wasp - who I hope died a painful, drawn out, agonizing death - nailed me through an air hole of my Croc shoe. Furthermore, I only called Urgent Care, but went to my own doctor, by which time my foot was impersonating the Pillsbury Doughboy. And while I took steroids, the Epi-Pen is for future use, not for this incident. No anaphylactic shock was involved. Peg is such a trouble maker.

Don't I have really, really cute feet? Size 6!

Phyllis

Knatolee said...

Uh, Phyllis, wasps can sting repeatedly, so it's unlikely your little friend died a painful, drawn-out, agonizing death. Probably she went on to sting many others who were foolish enough to invade her personal space!

Everything about Phyllis is cute, by the way, except for those giant farts. Oops. I wasn't supposed to mention that.

If you'd like to see another shot of Phyllis' foot, unbloated, go to:

http://knatolee.blogspot.com/2005/08/big-foot.html

And no, I never ask Phyllis' permission before pasting her all over my blog.... I have no respect for her opinion. Bwahahahahaha!

Peg said...

Notice how we both label our photos Bigfoot? (Notice how the more healed the foot, the faster she can backpedal with it?)

What *is* that color????

Anonymous said...

It's Wet & Wild #207, $1.99 at your basic discount store.

Phyllis with the cute feet

Melissa said...

Hmmmm....so I'm not the only one who noticed her nicely pedicured toesies. Betcha she shaved the hair off her big toe, too.

They got little hands
Little eyes
They walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet
-- Randy Newman, Short People

Peg said...

Has WW #207 been known to attract wasps? You might have grounds for a lawsuit here, and I only charge a 10% finders fee.

Anonymous said...

Harumph. You are just jell-ass that I have cute feet and you don't. Well, except post-wasp, I do.

Phyllis

Crowzma said...

I have cute feet, too - one friend of mine can stick my shoes inside of hers and they rattle around. She always says my feet are so small they shouldn't be able to carry me. But they do. And always have.

And I think Phyllis has cute feet, even if I would NEVER wear that color polish, which does, clearly, attract wasps.