Sunday, July 04, 2010

Manners first!

Solstice (the 16 year old Lab) is with us again this weekend along with four other guests plus Holly as host. The weather is cool, but not so much that I can't leave the dining room door open onto the back deck, so the dogs can come and go on their own. Well, except for Soli, who does go out, but barks to be let in each and every time she returns.... despite the fact that the door is still open. "Excuse me, may I come in?" and she will NOT come in of her own accord even if she can see me beckoning from within. She waits (not necessarily patiently, as the barks become more insistent if I delay) until I come to the door and "allow" her in.

1 comment:

Ina in Alaska said...

I have been watching the HBO series True Blood. This post reminded me of how the vampires will not come in the house unless you invite them in. Is Soli a vamp? Cute post. Also touching was the post about Holly's slide down the stairs and her determination to get up those stairs no matter what. Hugs to both of you today. xoxo