Thursday, May 27, 2010

I didn't come to Alaska for the heat

Have to divert to some minor matters today, as four years of tension finally breaks and I am more tired than I can remember being in awhile. It was almost 80F in the shade of my back deck this afternoon, and is probably over that now. In the sun it's worse. Laugh if you will but I am not amused. Contributing to the mountain of evidence that I share a good bit of DNA with a lobster, here's my arm after just 20 minutes driving across town. The freckles are tan anyway.

2 comments:

Crowzma said...

I commiserate. It was in the 90s here on Tuesday and nearly that yesterday. WE ARE NOT AMUSED. I'm impressed by the color you've achieved in such short order. Better than I can do, on my arms, anyway. My cheeks are another question entirely.

I hope it cools down soon, Peg, and affords you some space for rest and peace.

Genny said...

I agree with you both! To put it mildly, I HATE hot weather. Give me the wonderful coolness of fall, the iciness of winter, the chill of spring. Hope you put some ice on that sunburn!