Monday, July 04, 2005

A cold one

Kari and Dirk the exceptional grill dude put on a most excellent July 4th chow today, of which I'm sure the founding fathers would be proud.

Now I'm quite fond of the whole
Molson beer talking 'twin label' campaign ("Why drink something that says nothing when you can drink a beer that says it all?") Last time I got serious with a half rack, I got both "Friend to All Animals" and "I Take In Strays," so quite possibly the Canadians have a real corner on the beer-bottle oracle gig. Always open to a message from the universe, I passed over the St. Pauli Girl and the Moosehead and the first Molson I pulled out said

NO DAMAGED GOODS

How ironic, I chuckle.

A...little while...later, the second one said

NO DAMAGED GOODS

Even the damn beer bottles have to yell to get my attention.

No comments: