Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Our first night at home

After several days of moving stuff, Hunter and I made the move ourselves as of last evening. I slept better last night thanI have in a few months, despite it being on a sleeping bag thrown over a still-plastic-wrapped mattress. The place is in total chaos but I have a coffeemaker and my toothbrush, and Hunter has his food and water, so we're okay for right now.

Hunter is also coping well with his first day alone in the place - the ugly couch delivery was this morning so I had a chance to go back and check on him, and both times I left he was more interested in getting back to his cheesy Kong than in my whereabouts. I'm sure it helped that I brought him over several times these last few days.

I love my big windows and my warm wood floors and my clean carpets and my nice new kitchen appliances and a great shower with oodles of hot water - I am officially sold on city water with unlimited use! Unpacking and sorting will take time but I feel like we've landed safely and in a place we can call home for a while. We have a lot to be grateful for, main among which are all of you dear friends. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: