Monday, August 16, 2010

A small realization

With both my mother and my dear little girl dead now, it occurs to me that I now have the option of going somewhere, for the first time in years. There is still a lot attaching me here and a number of things that need to be resolved in other areas of life, so this isn't an imminent development. And I still have the impression that my next dog may arrive in my life in October or November. But still, as I'm finding the sand in my bucket running out faster than I can spade it in, I am trying on for size the concept of some small escape as an action and not a wish only.

5 comments:

Genny said...

Peg, my heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry for Holly's loss. I know your heart must be hurting so. I found this quote the other day, and when I read your post about Holly and Jude, it made me think of you. "Occasionally in life there are those moments of unutterable fulfillment which cannot be completely explained by those symbols called words. Their meanings can only be articulated by the inaudible language of the heart." — Martin Luther King, Jr.
With so much affection. . .

Peg said...

That is a quote you can really chew on from all angles... I'm really glad you shared it.

Anonymous said...

you know that you are ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS - welcome to visit PENNSYLVANIA. right now Danika might be a bit mad if it didn't mean a stop at Andrews - though I know that we'll be seeing you sometime soon anyway.

why not a little visit to canada (from sunday's blog). is that something to do yourself or have someone with you?? - bev

Peg said...

I will do the Canada trip at some point, but am in no hurry. Something to do alone, but seems like a good opportunity to do in conjunction with an Idaho-family trip. But escape-wise I am thinking of doing something that involves no other obligations.

Miss Athenry said...

Berrien Springs involves only one obligation - HAVING AN AMAZING TIME WITH ME! lol.