Friday, February 03, 2006

Hard hit

[Entry backdated]

After waking up the last few mornings feeling the stiffness and pain from being jolted in the car collision, this morning I woke up feeling a tremendous burden of depression. I am very used to going through this life with anxiety, worry and apprehension as my daily companions, but this was very specifically different in the sense of being dragged down, and it scared me. I never do well in situations where I have been wounded somehow and am simultaneously having to put up a full scale offense on so many fronts to manage overwhelming details. Nancy has been a champ to manage so much of it for me - the person responsible for the accident is inexplicably filing against my insurance, the car's been totaled and I'm hunting for another one and wondering if I can get decent financing (my first try for a car loan out of bankruptcy, but my credit score is great so I am trying not to worry), I'm making the phone calls and getting the police stuff done and etc.....but I am driving around in my rental car and feeling that I'm the one that's been broken and detached from the world.

No comments: