Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Priorities

So about 8pm last night, I'm standing in the water trying to push boxes of my flood-destroyed belongings up out of the crawl space, when my phone rings with my boss's housesitter in a panic about DC (my boss's 17-yo kitty). So I spent the rest of the evening at the emergency vet. It was okay and I had a feeling it was fluid migration because it was rapid swelling (I'd only been there to give him his subq fluids about 4 hours prior) but it went into his right leg all the way down to his paw and looked pretty horrid. So better safe than sorry in case it was a hematoma or an infection.

Anyway. Not a red letter day for me. Still waiting for one of those red letter days. Or maybe those red letter days are a big red F, for yes, you're F****d. If that's the case I'm having a bunch ofthem.

No comments: