Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Peg's Travel Advisory - Safe in Columbus, OH

Actually I got here about three hours ago but Lenette and I have been visiting. I've been getting to know her newest Sheltie, adorable one-eyed Manning, and catching up with the other Sheltie thugs Angus and Keegan, and Bailey The Beautiful But Unpredictable Cat.

The weather through western Pennsylvania was crummy - fog and pelting rain - but then the clouds opened up and I sweltered into Ohio. But I will take the sun and clear roads anytime.

Leaving as early tomorrow as I can manage to get going - we'll see. Through Indiana and Illinois tomorrow to get to Madison WI by evening. Getting ready to go get some dinner - Lenette says where we're going, we can throw peanut hulls on the floor, so it sounds like dinner AND a show...

Peg

PS: Had forgotten how nice it is on these road trips to pass gas station after gas station - went from Hamburg PA to Zanesville OH on 3/4 tank and I'm sure I could have made it all the way to Columbus.

-----

Phyllis remembers:

So as the trip approached, I worried less about Fred and got more and more excited at the prospect of two whole weeks of not worrying about him every single minute. I really needed some time off from being a caretaker. The night Peg was driving around trying to get into Wisconsin, I took Fred and Ginger to the dog park for a good last run. Sure enough, Fred stuck a leg in a hole and was instantly lame. The two vet techs who were sharing house sitting duties both came over later and examined his shaking, non-weight-bearing leg. I looked at him and said "Fred, this is NOT life-threatening. I'm going on this trip!" And I'm so glad I did.

No comments: